Become a partner
Film Africa is London’s biggest festival celebrating the best African cinema from across the continent and diaspora brought to you by the Royal African Society. Established in 2011, the festival brings diverse London and UK audiences a high quality and wide-ranging film programme accompanied by a vibrant series of events, including director Q & As, talks and discussions; professional workshops and master classes; school screenings and family activities; and Film Africa LIVE! music nights. Film Africa also recognises and supports new film-making talent through the Baobab Award for Best Short Film and the Audience Award for Best Feature Film.
Key stats and figures
- 28k+ aggregate live audiences since 2011.
- 140k+ social media followers across all Royal African Society platforms.
- 20k+ newsletter subscribers across all Royal African Society programmes.
- 465 films and 175 filmmakers and talent hosted since 2011.
- Young & diverse audiences with 70% aged 16-40 and 55% of African descent (2018 figures).
- Audiences connected to Africa with 66% visiting the continent regularly.
- Widespread and high-profile media coverage, including the BBC, The Guardian, The Metro, Time Out, London Live TV, Sight &
- Sound, Shadow & Act, and many more.
To discuss sponsorship and partnership opportunities, please get in touch with Desta Haile, Deputy Director at the Royal African Society, on firstname.lastname@example.org.