Film Africa aims to:
- Offer a platform for African and diaspora filmmakers to present their work to new audiences in London and other parts of the UK.
- Offer culturally diverse London and UK audiences with increased film choice.
- Promote a better understanding of contemporary Africa by stimulating debate around the socio-economic and political issues raised in the films screened.
- Support African filmmaking through festival awards and other opportunities and initiatives.
- Build links with other film festivals in the UK and beyond to promote the mainstreaming of African cinema in the UK and internationally.
- Create new opportunities for exhibition, distribution and networking through a range of bespoke events for filmmakers and industry professionals.
In 2022, Film Africa returns for its 10th edition from Friday, 28 October to Sunday 6 November 2022. Save the date!