Film Africa 2020 Partners
Want to partner with Film Africa 2020
Established in 2011, Film Africa has become a highly anticipated festival in London’s busy calendar of events. We pride ourselves in being a festival of discovery, which exists to find new creative voices emerging from Africa and its diaspora, showcasing contemporary work that would otherwise be unknown to UK audiences.
The festival consistently attracts young and diverse audiences across a range of leading cultural venues, including the BFI Southbank, Rich Mix, Picturehouse Cinemas, the Bernie Grant Arts Centre and the South London Gallery. In 2017 Film Africa was awarded the BFI Screen Diversity mark for good practice, meeting four out of four of the Diversity Standards.
The Royal African Society works on a model of partnership funding to sustain the festival, which includes a mixture of private and public funding, corporate sponsorship and earned income. We are always looking to partner with companies whose brands and vision are aligned with ours and are keen to embark on multi-year partnerships to ensure the long-term sustainability of Film Africa.
We can offer a range of benefits including brand positioning, audience and talent engagement, client recognition and volunteering opportunities. Our support tiers range from £5,000 to £50,000 and all our partnerships are negotiated on a case-by-case basis to enable a bespoke, mutually beneficial relationship.
Key stats and figures
- 28k+ aggregate live audiences since 2011.
- 140k+ social media followers across all Royal African Society platforms.
- 20k+ newsletter subscribers across all Royal African Society programmes.
- 465 films and 175 filmmakers and talent hosted since 2011.
- Young & diverse audiences with 70% aged 16-40 and 55% of African descent (2018 figures).
- Audiences connected to Africa with 66% visiting the continent regularly.
- Widespread and high-profile media coverage, including the BBC, The Guardian, The Metro, Time Out, London Live TV, Sight & Sound, Shadow & Act, and many more.
To discuss sponsorship and partnership opportunities, please get in touch with Sheila Ruiz, Deputy Director at the Royal African Society, on email@example.com.